We are looking for an entry-level to mid-level, energetic, career-minded Conservation Analyst to join us on a full-time basis. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology/ecology, conservation planning, data management, or a related field. The ideal candidate will be outgoing and will have an entrepreneurial spirit, will be passionate about conservation, and have experience or training in the following; California ecosystems, data analyses, database management, market research, conservation planning, real estate due diligence, title research, and conservation easements.
The Conservation Analyst will be responsible for assisting conservation project managers in the planning and implementation of large-scale, market based conservation projects such as mitigation banks and permittee responsible mitigation projects.
Specific Duties May Include
- Preparing documents describing California ecosystems and natural processes
- Collect and analyze data pertaining to existing and emerging ecosystem service markets
- Create and Maintain proprietary databases
- Assist in the planning, entitlement and management of conservation and mitigation projects
- Summarize analyses in written reports
- Identification and tracking of potential conservation properties
- Conduct due diligence and title research and analyses on potential conservation properties
- Accounting of mitigation and ecosystem service credits
- Assist in conservation project work flow and budget planning
- Assist in marketing and sales of mitigation and ecosystem service credits
- Communicate regularly and directly with a broad audience including but not limited to land owners, non-profits, scientists, government officials, real estate developers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology/ecology, conservation planning, data management, or a related field
- Familiarity with California ecosystems, special status species, and environmental regulations
- Training or experience in real estate and title review
- Strong quantitative skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high level of proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word
- Outgoing and personable, quick learner, independent but collaborative approach to assignments
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package and a positive, progressive work environment. Our employment package includes medical, dental, disability, life, commuter, cell phone reimbursement, free parking, and 401K with generous match. More information about WRA and our areas of expertise can be found at http://www.wra-ca.com.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should respond by e-mailing a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference “Conservation Biologist and Analyst Position.” Please also reference where you heard about the position. WRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Close date for submission of application materials is December 1, 2018. Please, no calls.
WRA, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm based in San Rafael, California, with offices in Emeryville, San Diego, Fort Bragg, and Petaluma. For over 30 years, WRA has provided outstanding ecological and design expertise to develop successful solutions for our clients. We employ experts in the fields of mitigation banking, conservation finance, plant, wildlife, and wetland ecology, GIS, CEQA/NEPA and landscape architecture.