WRA is looking for a Landscape Designer with 1-3 years of experience to join us on a full-time basis in our San Rafael office. The successful candidate will have a degree in landscape architecture from an accredited program, interdisciplinary academic background in biology-related fields and landscape architecture, and a passion for designing habitat restoration and public open-space projects. The work is varied and we are looking for an energetic applicant interested in participating in all project phases. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work with a small design team while being part of a growing environmental consulting firm.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from accredited school;
- Entry-level knowledge in all aspects of landscape design;
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of AutoCAD;
- Assist in preparation of site plans, planting plans, grading plans, layout plans, irrigation plans, and construction details;
- Aptitude for site grading;
- Proficiency and/or aptitude for using analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel, mathematical calculations, and software modeling;
- Ability to collaborate with professionals from other disciplines including engineers, ecologists, GIS specialists, and regulatory specialists;
- Willingness to learn native California flora related to habitat restoration;
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication;
- Professional interest in the design of habitat restoration/mitigation and public park and open space projects.
- Interdisciplinary academic background in a field related to ecology and/or habitat restoration such as biology, ecology, botany, forestry, or environmental science;
- Experience with site grading;
- Knowledge of native California flora;
- Knowledge and experience in habitat restoration projects;
- Experience in developing construction documents;
- Ability to prepare illustrative drawings using graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and SketchUp.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package in a positive, progressive work environment. Our employment package includes options for 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; FSA, voluntary life, voluntary accident, critical illness and pet insurance; commuter program, cell phone reimbursement program, free parking, profit sharing, discretionary bonuses, and 401K with generous match. WRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should respond by e-mailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Landscape Designer” in the subject line. Within your cover letter, please tell us where you heard about the position and state your salary requirements.
Close date for submission of application materials is February 27.
WRA, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm based in San Rafael, California, with offices in Petaluma, Emeryville, San Diego, Fort Bragg, and Denver. For more than 35 years, WRA has provided outstanding ecological and design expertise to develop successful solutions for our clients. We employ experts in the fields of plant, wildlife, and wetland ecology, GIS, CEQA/NEPA, and landscape architecture. More information about WRA and our areas of expertise can be found at www.wra-ca.com.